At the end of this module, you should:
- have developed an awareness of the characteristics of less-developed countries, and of the diversity amongst them;
- be able to identify the economic problems facing developing countries;
- be able to apply economic analysis to those problems and to formulate and evaluate possible policy responses;
- be able to evaluate the policy packages recommended by institutions such as the World Bank;
- in collaboration with fellow students, have analysed one country in depth to assess its development problems and potential.